cmis-browser message

Subject: Re: [cmis-browser] Browser Binding CSRF Defense and Authentication

So the URL endpoint that generates the message-handling JavaScript would not be protected.
We'd rely on the message handler itself to validate the caller and determine if authentication is needed.
That seems OK, since the IFRAME contents are inaccessible.

I booked it for Wednesday. Talk to you then.

From:        Florian Müller <florian.mueller@alfresco.com>
To:        Scott Malabarba/Costa Mesa/IBM@IBMUS
Cc:        cmis-browser@lists.oasis-open.org
Date:        06/09/2011 01:06 PM

Hi Scott,

Each message contains a handle to the source frame and the origin domain. If this information is not sufficient to decide if it is a legitimate client, the server has to ask for authentication (= send the login URL).

There is a good description of postMessage() here:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en/DOM/window.postMessage

Tuesday and Wednesday would work for me.

- Florian