cmis-comment message

Subject: RE: [cmis-comment] getObjectOfLatestVersion signature between 1.0 and 1.1 release

http://docs.oasis-open.org/cmis/CMIS/

There are absolute differences. FolderID etcâ. and Bulk Update. Als in protocol: REST not in 1.0 and active in 1.1 Etc..

Seeing the two versions:

  • repositoryId: the same concept
  • objectId: in 1.1 more explicit. But in concept the objects seem the same

If someone has a different perception then please give feedback!

With kind regards.

Van: CG85 <gchauvet@gmail.com>
Verzonden: donderdag 24 februari 2022 11:47
Aan: cmis-comment@lists.oasis-open.org

Hello,

I am writing to you because I am facing a problem of interoperability between CMIS 1.0 and 1.1.

First of all, is there a full ascending compatibility between CMIS 1.1 and 1.0 ?

If not, then the rest of my mail may not be interesting.
If yes, I noticed a change in getObjectOfLatestVersion method signature :

CMIS 1.0 :
2.2.7.4.1 Inputs
Required:

ID repositoryId: The identifier for the Repository.
ID objectId: The identifier for the Version Series.

CMIS 1.1 :
2.2.7.4.1 Inputs
Required:
Id repositoryId: The identiïer for the repository.
Id versionSeriesId: The identiïer for the version series.

As you can see, the change concerns the objectId parameter in 1.0 replaced by versionSeriesId in 1.1

Am I the only one who has noticed this?

Regards