Subject: RE: [cmis] CMIS - Agenda

To build on Mary's addition, here's some thinking about CMIS startup:

You should have two co-chairs or a chair and a secretary, especially for
what is likely to be a large TC.  This provides two people who can (train
themselves to) operate with all of the administrative tools OASIS provides
for TC operation, including editing the TC page, etc.  I am told that it is
uncommon to find a volunteer for Secretary and electing a co-chair may be
the more-appealing avenue.  However you do it, those officers will also be
members of the OASIS discussion list maintained for discussion among the
officers of all TCs.

I would recommend against rotating the taking of minutes.  For one, there
are procedural niceties (and Roberts Rules practices) around the structure
and consistency of minutes, what might belong better in notes posted to the
TC site/list rather than included in the body of minutes, etc.  Also, having
a co-chair or secretary with this large TC will help with the taking of
roll, determination of quorum, tracking voting member status, and assisting
the chair by making sure actions are recorded, freeing the chair leading the
meeting (pick one) to shepherd the agenda.

I expect Mary can provide more about the various ways the administrative
niceties are handled to allow smooth flow of conference-call meetings, about
rules concerning guests and observers, etc.

 - Dennis

PS: The contributed documents (the originals and any later editions for
seeding the work) also need to be added to the TC documents repository very
quickly.  This needs to be done to make them eligible contributions and also
to start providing the public account of TC activity.

Dennis E. Hamilton
NuovoDoc: Design for Document System Interoperability
mailto:Dennis.Hamilton@acm.org | gsm:+1-206.779.9430
http://NuovoDoc.com http://ODMA.info/dev/ http://nfoWorks.org