Subject: RE: [cmis] CMIS - Agenda

Again, there is no "official" spec release other than v0.5. The TC should consider this as the baseline for progress.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gary Gershon [mailto:gary.gershon@imergeconsult.com]
Sent: Fri 11/7/2008 9:30 PM
To: CMIS; Al Brown
Cc: Betsy Fanning

Hi Al,

We appreciate your fine work in getting this TC organized!

The agenda mentions CMIS 0.51 as well as an Issue Log.  Do these documents already exist and are they available for inspection?

I'm glad to see that JSR-283 and WebDAV are on the agenda.  We need to be able to assist in documenting the data model and functional semantic mappings of these specification efforts to CMIS.  Certainly some creative people will want to stack interfaces for 283 (or the 283 SPI) and WebDAV either on top of CMIS or under it.

I'm also interested in exploring how (and ensuring that) CMIS can be effectively integrated with enterprise business applications (EAI and messaging), SOA (e.g. ESBs), and BPM solutions (e.g. WS-BPEL).  Since I spend much of my time in these arenas, I would be willing to help author or edit appropriate deliverables to further understanding and adoption of CMIS in the enterprise.

It would seem that such liaison and analysis work could be structured as one or more TC subcommittees or TC subgroups?  (Perhaps Mary can explain to us the differences between these two TC sub-structures.)

Given the heritage of CMIS, did we end up with no Observer or liaison to AIIM and/or iECM?

Regards,
Gary