Subject: RE: [cmis] Notes from today's meeting - Who the Voting Members Are

I don't know if this applies to anyone today, but it is useful to know just
in case:

1. My understanding is that to be a Voting Member at the convening meeting,
you must (a) have explicitly joined the TC before the deadline stated in the
call for participation, (b) be listed on Mary McCrae's list of initial
voting members, and (c) actually attend the convening meeting.  This is what
the initial quorum and start-up conditions are based upon.

2. If those conditions are not satisfied, you may still be a member of the
TC but you are not a Voting Member as of the first meeting.  To achieve
Voting Member status you must attend two consecutive meetings.  If you
joined the TC after the deadline but did attend, the convening meeting
counts as your first meeting for the purpose of achieving Voting Member
status.  If you didn't attend the convening meeting, you are not a Voting
Member and the two-consecutive-meeting clock starts with the next TC meeting
you attend.

3. I notice that Craig Randall's message about being omitted from the
attendance does not appear on the TC List:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/cmis/200811/maillist.html
and it did not reach my inbox.  Earlier posts from Craig have reached the
list (and my inbox).  He is on the public membership list and the TC roster.
Uh oh.

 - Dennis

PS: I love this parliamentary administrivia.  It is a lot like software
design.

PPS: There are other rules involving 60 days and ballots that I don't think
those apply for CMIS TC at this time.