Subject: [#CMIS-26] syntax for CMIS link types - OASIS Technical CommitteesIssue Tracker

Following up  on <http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CMIS-26>:

The Atom feed format (RFC 4287) allows two types of relations:

1) short names, with the registry maintained by IANA, requiring IESG
approval, or

2) full IRIs

The first choice IMHO should only be used for link relations of general
use (I can't point to spec language requiring this but I believe that's
what the intention is).

Furthermore note that IESG approval is required (so simply filling out a
form and sending it to iana.org may not be sufficient). So if the TC
really wants to pursue option 1), the discussion with IANA should start
early, in order to avoid a nasty surprise later on.

That being said, I do not understand why option 2) is not being considered.

Best regards, Julian

--
<green/>bytes GmbH, Hafenweg 16, D-48155 Münster, Germany
Amtsgericht Münster: HRB5782