Subject: discovering containment relationships in queries

Hi,

Suppose I want to find all documents contained in folders marked
"important". Is there a way to express this in CMIS SQL that I'm
missing?

At first I thought of doing:
   SELECT doc.* FROM Document doc JOIN Folder fold ON doc.ParentId =
fold.ObjectId WHERE fold.important = true

However documents don't have a ParentId attribute (and could have
multiple parents when multi-filing is involved).

I feel that this is an important query use case. Unless I'm missing
something and people tell me how it can be done, then I'll open a JIRA
issue for that. At the moment I only see one option, which is to allow
a single-valued ParentId on documents so that at least the single-
filing case can be dealt-with. I'm not sure it's satisfying though,
and I'd love to hear others on this.

Florent

--
Florent Guillaume, Head of R&D, Nuxeo