Subject: Re: [cmis] The Next Step?

Hi David / Greg,

Does this mean that there will not be any work towards CMIS v1.2 ?

Regards,
- Srinivas Gannavarapu (Srini G) | Senior Software Engineer | IBM Analytics Hybrid Platform, IBM India Software Labs, Hyderabad, IN | +91 40 669 57058, Extn 57058, VOIP 26358

----- Original message -----
From: Greg Melahn <greg.melahn@alfresco.com>
Sent by: <cmis@lists.oasis-open.org>
To: David Choy <david.choy500@gmail.com>, "cmis@lists.oasis-open.org" <cmis@lists.oasis-open.org>
Date: Tue, Apr 11, 2017 3:47 AM

Hi David,

Sorry for my delay in responding.

I share your view.  I think that the CMIS TC has accomplished what it set out to do and we should bring the TC to a celebratory close.

CMIS should be celebrated as a great success.  It was certainly not easy to bring ECM competitors together back in 2008 to define a vendor-independent standard for working with enterprise content.   But we did it, and now look at how many CMIS compliant repositories and apps there are!    I am proud to have played a role in the development of such a standard, and to work for two software companies that implemented it!

And thank you for your leadership in making it happen!

So what are the next steps in the OASIS process to close the TC?

Greg Melahn
System Architect
Alfresco Content Services
Mobile: +1 919 656 9717
Skype: gregory.melahn
Email: greg.melahn@alfresco.com
Join Alfresco on Tour.  Register here.
1491240149577_Alfresco_Tagline_Small_Grey.png

Alfresco Twitter Facebook Feed LinkedIn YouTube