codelist-comment message

Subject: commenting on CVA 0.7 draft

First of all a big thank you to the Codelist TC. Excellent work.

I have been reading the latest 0.7 draft CVA documentation. Well done!

May I suggest two improvements:

A)  The CVA document would benefit from better distinguishing the role of instance-level metadata attributes from other attributes that contain the coded values.

B)  In the same context, the <InstanceMetadataSet xml:id="i1"> example of page 17 could be made clearer by adding the text below, underlined by ****

<InstanceMetadataSet xml:id="i1">

 <InstanceMetadata address="../@version" identification="Version">

  <Annotation>

   <Description> The version in this example is an instance-level metadata attribute for a sibling attribute.

   </Description>                                  ***********************                 *******

  </Annotation>

 </InstanceMetadata>

</InstanceMetadataSet>

I confused the supplementary attributes that contain the coded values from the other attributes that specify instance-level metadata, making it difficult for myself to interpret the instance-level meta data sections of the document correctly.

All other sections were clear to me, and we look forward to implementing the CVA specification in New Zealand when fully approved.

Kind regards

Juerg Tschumperlin

Data Management Solutions

Wellington, New Zealand