Subject: Minutes of Code List Representation TC teleconference 2007-01-30

Hello all,

Please find the minutes of yesterday's meeting posted at:

   http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=22072

The full text (without indentation) is posted
below for convenience, but the record above is
official and will point to any revisions that may be posted in the future.

Thanks!

. . . . . . . . . . . Ken

Minutes for Code List Representation TC Meeting 2007-01-30
Copyright © 2007 OASIS

$Date: 2007/02/01 02:44:31 $(UTC)

Table of Contents

1. Roll call
2. Previous meeting 2006-12-19
3. Standing items
4. Action items from previous meetings
5. Discussion of next steps and timetable
6. Other (short) discussions and business related to the committee
7. Next teleconference
8. Any other business
9. Summary of action items pending after this meeting
10. End of meeting
Convened at 15:00UTC - 2007-01-30

Public Record: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/event.php?event_id=13737

Member Record:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/codelist/event.php?event_id=13737

Agenda: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=22039

1. Roll call
Present:

Jon Bosak
Anthony Coates
Ray Denenberg
Jim Harris
G. Ken Holman
Paul Spencer

Regrets:

(none)

Public Record:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/membership.php?wg_abbrev=codelist

Member Record (sort by "Role" column to see
voting members at end of list):
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/codelist/members/roster.php

Attendance Requirements: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php

2. Previous meeting 2006-12-19
Public Record: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/event.php?event_id=13014

Member Record:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/codelist/event.php?event_id=13014

Minutes: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=21623

There were no comments on the minutes of the previous meeting.

3. Standing items
(none at this time)

4. Action items from previous meetings
Tony to post additional materials in proposed deliverables

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/codelist/200701/msg00008.html

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=22043

Tony walked through the document

missing a section to be written with cross-checks to the requirements

Tony proposed that the W3C Schema be only the
normative artefact in our delivery

comments during the meeting:

consideration of alternative perspective on this issue

abstract model should be normative because that
is essentially what everyone is agreeing to, with
artefacts the responsibility of a maintenance
group for fixing defects and adding enhancements,
much like what is done in the development of some ISO standards

response: shouldn't be an issue for an OASIS
group as we could publish errata without an onerous process

response: because we are developing an
interchange format and the instances are being
interchanged then the only way to check the
instance is with a schema and not an abstract
expression, so the schema is the only way to
mechanically establish the document meets the
specification (does not involve an interpretive step)

AGREED: that the W3C Schema be only the normative artefact in our delivery

AGREED: UML model will only be documentary

question: would schema diagrams be useful?

some members said "yes" and some said "no"

request: add small useful examples to assist with
the learning style of comprehending XML models by looking at instances

All members - review straw-man deliverables (and
updates from Tony) and comment to the list

pending due to late posting of the materials

next draft possibly within the next week, with more drafts to follow

important to get feedback over the list so as not
to take time during the teleconference

All members - please post feedback to Tony's
revised responses in order to accept them at the next meeting

AGREED: no objections to accepting Tony's revised responses to public comments

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=21333

Ken to post a place where pointers can be added
to list known uses of genericode

the wiki has been started: http://wiki.oasis-open.org/codelist

please add your own items to the lists:

http://wiki.oasis-open.org/codelist/Known_implementations_of_genericode

on a periodic basis I will update the home page
with our committee updates to this page

talk about this next meeting

Jim to post requirements of Electronic Court
Filing TC for consideration in our list of future requirements

pending

5. Discussion of next steps and timetable
Review of delivery dates in charter:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/codelist/200608/msg00007.html

what is our status?

it is thought we are only one quarter behind and
that the schema, model and documentation could be ready by the end of Q1'2007

6.  Other (short) discussions and business related to the committee
Future teleconference phone bridge support

we may lose our teleconference support at any
time, can any member offer a resource available
to our committee to use for future teleconferences?

if a teleconference is called and members
discover at the last minute that the
teleconference bridge is not available, please
visit your email list or the archive to look for last-minute instructions

Jim offered to post to the list some candidate
commercial offerings successfully used by other committees

7.  Next teleconference
Determine date and time of next meeting.

Tuesday 2007-02-27 15:00UTC

Public Record: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/event.php?event_id=14260

Member Record:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/codelist/event.php?event_id=14260

8.  Any other business
(no other business was brought forward)

9.  Summary of action items pending after this meeting
Tony to post revised materials for proposed deliverables

All members - review straw-man deliverables (and
updates from Tony) and comment to the list

All members - please add your own items to the implementations lists:

http://wiki.oasis-open.org/codelist/Known_implementations_of_genericode

Jim to post requirements of Electronic Court
Filing TC for consideration in our list of future requirements

Jim to post to the list some candidate commercial
teleconference bridge offerings successfully used by other committees

10.  End of meeting
15:40UTC

Male Cancer Awareness Aug'05  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc