Subject: Re: [codelist] Dissenting argument on namespace URI

I personally would prefer that the genericode namespace URI is a URL, not
a URN, so that we can have a RDDL document at the location specified by
the namespace URL.  However, I want to stress that this is only for the
genericode namespace itself, it should not (in my opinion) be construed as
a suggestion that code lists should have URLs as namespace URIs.  Some
will, but in designing genericode I specifically tried to separate the
concept of canonical URIs from location URIs, so that it was easy to have
URNs for canonical URIs, and URLs for location URIs, without any tension
forcing you to use the same kind of URI for both.

Cheers, Tony.
--
Anthony B. Coates
Senior Partner