Subject: Re: [codelist] Annex A Content and front-matter meta data

At 2007-04-27 13:20 +0100, Anthony B. Coates (Miley Watts) wrote:
>While it might be redundant in a technical sense to mention OASIS for
>Associate Members, we are talking about what to write in lieu of a company
>affiliation for TC members who are participating on an individual basis
>rather than on a company basis.

There are two levels of "individual basis" depending on the
intellectual property provisions based on whether IPR rights have
been assigned to an employer:

   http://www.oasis-open.org/join/categories.php#individual

>As such, I don't think "Associate Member"
>is a very clear thing to write, I don't think it would be meaningful to
>readers of the document who aren't OASIS members and don't know the
>technical names of the OASIS membership categories.  I think "Individual"
>gives a much clearer indication that the TC member participated as an
>individual rather than as a representative of a particular corporate
>entity.

I chose "Associate" because for each member that appears to be their
level of membership according to the roster.

>Would it be so wrong just to use "Individual" for those cases?  That said,
>what would the Associate Members prefer to see beside their names?

That is a good question ... anyone listed as "Associate Member" who
wishes to be listed as "Individual Member" is invited to request that
before Monday so that Tony can update the voting document accordingly.

The list as it stands today is as follows based on Mary's input.

Thanks!

. . . . . . . . . . . Ken

Chair:
   G. Ken Holman, Associate Member gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com

Editor:
   Anthony B. Coates, Miley Watts LLP abcoates@mileywatts.com

Appendix A. Acknowledgements

The following individuals have participated in the creation of this
specification and are gratefully acknowledged:

Participants:

   Jon Bosak, Sun Microsystems
   Anthony Coates, Miley Watts LLP
   Ray Denenberg, Library of Congress
   Marc Gratacos, Associate Member
   Jim Harris, National Center for State Courts
   G. Ken Holman, Associate Member
   Paul Spencer, Associate Member

Male Cancer Awareness Aug'05  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc