Subject: Re: [codelist] Default letter ballot regarding the Schematron-based validation methodology

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 02:43:41 +0100, G. Ken Holman
<gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com> wrote:

>     That the Code List Representation Technical Committee take
>     onto its programme of work the code-list-validation-related
>     work item begun in the Universal Business Language Technical
>     Committee, and to bring the renamed and revised specification
>     through the OASIS process as the CLRTC committee decides.

I'm basically in agreement with the CLRTC taking on responsbility for
this, subject to the resriction that for this to be a CLRTC document, it
needs to focus on code lists *exclusively*, and on genericode exclusively
as the code list format.  It should not discuss validation of constraints
that are not related to code lists or not related to genericode.  This
will narrow the focus of the document compared to the UBL version.

There are many references to UBL and trading partners that are not
appropriate for a CLRTC document, and these should be removed or replaced,
but I am assuming the document will be rewritten for CLRTC.  In
particular, much of the text could be expressed more simply and concisely,
and we should try and to this.

Cheers, Tony.
--
Anthony B. Coates