Subject: Re: [codelist] Fwd: ICG report from Rome

At 2009-05-13 19:15 +0100, Anthony B. Coates (DES) wrote:
>the genericode 2.0
>proposal that I recently sent to the CLRTC list included the changes that
>they need to support this.  So, if everyone is happy with what I sent, I
>now have to get cracking with updating the specification document to
>match.

What are your plans for specifying the URL in <LocationUri> for a
code list published as a member of a code list set?

Consider the situation if UN/CEFACT chooses to publish their suite of
code lists as a single genericode 2.0 file, with all of their code
lists in the one file.

Somewhere in the middle of this file is the currency code list, and
in the <Identification> element for that code list is a <LocationUri>
element pointing to where this code list is found.

Given that there is not a unique id= or xml:id= attribute for each
code list in the set, and given that the short name for code lists is
not constrained to be unique for each list in the set, it seems there
is no convention available for use after a "#" after the URL.  What
value should be used for the <LocationUri> element?

Thanks!

--
XSLT/XQuery/XSL-FO hands-on training - Los Angeles, USA 2009-06-08
Male Cancer Awareness Nov'07  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc