coel message

Subject: COEL call notes

We closed the remaining open action to create a Committee Draft.

We discussed 4 areas that we felt needed development:

1. Classification of Everyday Living knowledge base (JSON)

There 2 types of task – one is a an holistic improvement of completeness and the other is tactical focused on enabling new applications. The former might be best led by an organisation with knowledge as one of their key deliverables (e.g. a university). The other is more pragmatic and needs to be very close to the business application. However, both must use the same mechanism to create, test and record improvements / changes.

Action: Joss to contact Seb Chastin to remind him to look in the work completed

2. IoT

To improve the applicability and usability in IoT applications. Coelition has a requirement to drive this. We may benefit from bring new organisations into the discussion on this topic.

3.Consent

The atoms structure uniquely lends itself to tagging with a consent field. This could include various parameters (e.g. duration) and links to terms databases. Coelition has started this discussion and is keen to pursue it.

4.Data Engine APIs

The API interface to the Data Engine has most of the potential technical development actions.

Action: David – how much does Fujitsu want to drive this area going forward?

These cover most of the open issues and leave just a few left for the existing group to address.

The closing questions were about the next stages of the Committee Draft process and perhaps Chet could join for us call before Christmas.

Best regards

Joss

Joss Langford

Technical Director

Activinsights Ltd

Tel: 01480 862080

MBL 07712 886208

www.geneactiv.co.uk

Important Information:  The contents of this email are intended for the named addresses only and contain information which is confidential and which may also be privileged.  Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to receive for the addressee) you may not copy,  use it, or disclose it to anyone else.  If you received it in error, please notify us immediately at enquiries@activinsights.co.uk and then destroy it.  Further, whilst we make efforts to keep our network free from computer viruses, etc., you do need to check this email and any attachments to it for viruses as we can take no responsibility for any viruses which might be transferred by way of this email.

Activinsights Limited, Unit 11, Harvard Industrial Estate, Kimbolton, Cambs, PE28 0NJ.  A company registered in England & Wales. Registered number: 06576069