courtfiling-blue message

Subject: RE: [courtfiling-blue] Groups - LegalXML Blue Requirements Final Draft (wd-LegalXML-Requirements-08.doc) uploaded

Eric,

It's a good draft but could still use some work.  Here are my comments:

General Comment #1:

The document needs to be reorganized to improve flow and comprehension.
We also need introductions and transitions to explain, for instance, how
MDEs relate to the overall system.  I suggest something like:

Introduction
Scope
Definitions (new)
Process Interactions
Filing Functional Requirements
  Filing System Use Cases
  Filing MDEs
  Filing MDE Use Cases
  Filing Message Types (expanded)
  Filing Policy
Electronic Service Functional Requirements
  Electronic Service System Use Cases (new)
  Electronic Service MDEs
  Electronic Service MDE Use Cases
  Electronic Service Message Types (new)
  Electronic Service Policy (new?)
Non-Functional Requirements
Appendices

General Comment #2: In the Definitions, we need to be clear that "time"
elements include both date and time of day.

General Comment #3: Differences in case are confusing. Is there a
difference between "Filer" or "filer"?

General Comment #4: We need to define the scope of the specification at
a high-level.  What is in and out of scope for Blue?

Specific Comments (Line references included):

216-219: Do we need both case-related parties and filing-related
parties?  Later references to these elements are limited to
filing-related parties (e.g. 337)

236-237: The system should also support simple filing models (e.g. fixed
filing fees) without necessarily requiring interaction with the Court's
case management system.

226: The definition for Lead Document is not clear. A Lead Document is
the document in every filing that requires entry in the Court Docket or
register of actions.  We also need to be clear on whether multiple lead
documents are allowed in a single filing.

249-251: I think it is a fixed amount, not an upper limit.

315: The first step in the Review Filing use case should be "The System
presents the filing to the Filing Review Clerk".

317: Should be "filings data are satisfactory".

346: We need to be clear that this calculation process is the same as in
236-237.  It is not two different systems or MDEs doing the calculating.

711: We need to define MDEs and describe how the use cases are
organized.  It is not clear how the use cases in Section 4. are matched
with their MDEs.  Some use cases may need to moved to different MDEs.

1060: The Court Record MDE is "among the most critical potions of a
LegalXML system"  but there are no relevant use cases for it?

1501: We need to be clear that the registration process and interface
between the user and service provider is outside the scope of this
specification.

1667: Filing Message is not a functional requirement.  It should be
moved to a subsection under Filing Functional Requirements.  Where are
the other Message Types?

1682-1709:  The elements in Filing Message need to include definitions.

1720-1731: Filing States and Document States are not NonFunctional
Requirements.  These should be moved to  a subsection under Filing
Functional Requirements.

1738-1768: Court Policy is not a NonFunctional Requirement.  It should
be moved to  Filing Functional Requirements

1769-1788:  The directory should include the necessary metadata and
interfaces to allow MDEs to search for one another.

Jim Cabral

James E. Cabral Jr.
MTG Management Consultants, L.L.C.
1111 Third Avenue, Suite 2700
Seattle, WA 98101-3201
(206) 442-5010
www.mtgmc.com

material. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and
delete the material from any computer.