Subject: Re: [cti-cybox] CybOX 3.0: Address Object Refactoring

Support for capturing the netmask out side of just using CIDR notation is a very very small corner case.  CIDR assumes normal networking and contiguous blocks of IP addresses.  What CIDR can not do that a netmask can do is non-contiguous IP addresses.  But no real network would do that and only an admin that hates his job and wants to punish people after he leaves would ever do that.

Further, it is super simple to convert between CIDR and a netmask, so I would suggest that we only use CIDR.

Thanks,

Bret

Bret Jordan CISSP
Blue Coat Systems