Subject: Re: [cti-cybox] CybOX 3.0: File Object Refactoring

I am wondering if people other than myself see a value in including either a content_type or mime_type attribute.

It is not safe (nor always possible) to assume the content type of a file based on it's 3 letter extension.

By including content_type, we would allow query mechanisms operating over cybox to make a pattern that matches any zip file.

Jason Keirstead
Product Architect, Security Intelligence, IBM Security Systems
www.ibm.com/security | www.securityintelligence.com

Inactive hide details for "Kirillov, Ivan A." ---12/14/2015 06:26:31 PM---We’ve updated the proposal to take into account the "Kirillov, Ivan A." ---12/14/2015 06:26:31 PM---We’ve updated the proposal to take into account the new file_name field: Field Type Multiplicit

From: "Kirillov, Ivan A." <ikirillov@mitre.org>
To: Jason Keirstead/CanEast/IBM@IBMCA
Cc: "Jordan, Bret" <bret.jordan@bluecoat.com>, "cti-cybox@lists.oasis-open.org" <cti-cybox@lists.oasis-open.org>, "John Anderson" <janderson@soltra.com>, Terry MacDonald <terry@soltra.com>
Date: 12/14/2015 06:26 PM
Sent by: <cti-cybox@lists.oasis-open.org>

We’ve updated the proposal to take into account the new file_name field:

Field
Type
Multiplicity
Description
file_namestring0-1The name of the file, including its extension (if known) but excluding its path.
file_pathFilePath0-1The path to the file on the file system, excluding its name and extension. If this field is included without the file_name field, the file object instance specifies a directory.
Does this seem reasonable?

Thanks,
Ivan