Subject: Re: [cti-cybox] CybOX 3.0 Viz

Good points Bret and Trey. As far as the list of what will be in CybOX 3.x and what will be going away, that’s something that we’re putting together and hope to discuss soon.

Also, as suggested by a community member, I’ve updated the colors to be a little easier to work with:
  • The white circles represent CybOX Components that currently do not have issue defined against them, and subsequently will make their way into CybOX 3.0
  • The red circles represent CybOX Components that will likely be deprecated for CybOX 3.0. Clicking on these will take you to the item in the issue tracker that describes why they’ll be deprecated.
  • The purple circles represent CybOX Components with major issues, which will likely not be included for CybOX 3.0 but will NOT be deprecated – it is likely that they’ll show up again (after refactoring) in a future release
  • The yellow circles represent CybOX Components with minor/medium issues, which will likely be included in CybOX 3.0 after refactoring. Clicking on these will take you to the item in the issue tracker that describes the issue.
  • The green circles represent CybOX Components that will be included in CybOX 3.0, and whose refactoring has already largely been discussed. Clicking on these will take you to the proposal Wiki page that describes the proposed refactoring.
Regards,
Ivan

From: Bret Jordan <bret.jordan@bluecoat.com>
Date: Tuesday, January 19, 2016 at 9:16 AM
To: Ivan Kirillov <ikirillov@mitre.org>
Cc: "cti-cybox@lists.oasis-open.org" <cti-cybox@lists.oasis-open.org>

Ivan,

It might also be of help to have a list that quickly shows what will be in CybOX 3.0 and what is a candidate for a CybOX 3.x, and what is going away.

Thanks,

Bret

Bret Jordan CISSP
Blue Coat Systems

On Jan 19, 2016, at 08:17, Kirillov, Ivan A. <ikirillov@mitre.org> wrote:

At last week’s face to face, we presented an interactive visualization that we put together to help us (as a community) understand what currently exists in CybOX, along with some of the planned changes that we will be making for CybOX 3.0: http://cyboxproject.github.io/cybox3.0/viz/

  • The white circles represent CybOX Components that currently do not have issue defined against them, and subsequently will make their way into CybOX 3.0
  • The red circles represent CybOX Components that will likely be deprecated for CybOX 3.0. Clicking on these will take you to the item in the issue tracker that describes why they’ll be deprecated.
  • The orange circles represent CybOX Components with major issues, which will likely not be included for CybOX 3.0 but will NOT be deprecated – it is likely that they’ll show up again (after refactoring) in a future release
  • The yellow circles represent CybOX Components with minor/medium issues, which will likely be included in CybOX 3.0 after refactoring. Clicking on these will take you to the item in the issue tracker that describes the issue.
  • The pink/salmon circles represent CybOX Components that will be included in CybOX 3.0, and whose refactoring has already largely been discussed. Clicking on these will take you to the proposal Wiki page that describes the proposed refactoring.
You can also think of this as the CybOX 3.0 roadmap, and accordingly we’ll be updating it as we solidify our plans around CybOX 3.0.

Regards,
Ivan