Subject: Re: [cti-cybox] For review: Network Connection Object

FWIW this was the same reason for "multiple sources" - to be able to model DDOS without having thousands of objects.

-
Jason Keirstead
STSM, Product Architect, Security Intelligence, IBM Security Systems
www.ibm.com/security | www.securityintelligence.com

Inactive hide details for "Kirillov, Ivan A." ---06/15/2016 02:55:46 PM---Ah yes, thanks for pointing this out (and no worries "Kirillov, Ivan A." ---06/15/2016 02:55:46 PM---Ah yes, thanks for pointing this out (and no worries about missing the call). I thought there was a

From: "Kirillov, Ivan A." <ikirillov@mitre.org>
To: Jason Keirstead/CanEast/IBM@IBMCA
Cc: "cti-cybox@lists.oasis-open.org" <cti-cybox@lists.oasis-open.org>
Date: 06/15/2016 02:55 PM
Sent by: <cti-cybox@lists.oasis-open.org>

Ah yes, thanks for pointing this out (and no worries about missing the call). I thought there was a use case for having multiple destination addresses, and couldn’t remember what it was so I erroneously thought it was related to IP multicast. Port scanning does sound like a valid application for having multiple destination addresses, though it’s something that we’ll probably want to document well (i.e., regarding valid applications of multiple destination addresses) to avoid confusion.

Regards,
Ivan