Subject: RE: [cti-cybox] A new Forum Object

I dunno about that...

- There have been a heck of a lot of drive-by downloads distributed via forum posts. Forum posts distribute malware just as much as email.

- The incredible majority of malware delivered via email is not specifically targeted.

-
Jason Keirstead
STSM, Product Architect, Security Intelligence, IBM Security Systems
www.ibm.com/security | www.securityintelligence.com

Inactive hide details for Patrick Maroney ---06/17/2016 02:59:28 PM---My .02: There are very distinct differences between an emPatrick Maroney ---06/17/2016 02:59:28 PM---My .02: There are very distinct differences between an email message and a forum post. Starting wit

From: Patrick Maroney <Pmaroney@Specere.org>
To: Terry MacDonald <terry.macdonald@cosive.com>, Jason Keirstead/CanEast/IBM@IBMCA
Cc: "cti-cybox@lists.oasis-open.org" <cti-cybox@lists.oasis-open.org>, "Rich Piazza" <rpiazza@mitre.org>
Date: 06/17/2016 02:59 PM

My .02:

There are very distinct differences between an email message and a forum post. Starting with the header meta-data and intent. For example, as an attacker I send a malicious weaponized email to 1200 very specific targets. These individual emails, targets, along with all of the other email meta-data are completely different from a forum post. Of course a forum post may be created and/or further disemminated by an email message, but these all represent distinct objects, acts, and ponts in time.

Patrick Maroney
President
Integrated Networking Technologies, Inc.
Desk: (856)983-0001
Cell: (609)841-5104
Email:
pmaroney@specere.org