Subject: Re: [cti-cybox] CybOX Core Review

Hi Ivan,

I have a few questions about the CybOX core document..

- I understand the idea of the CybOX container for housing multiple CybOX objects together, but how will this work with the STIX ObservedData (observation) object? For example will the ObservedData object contain a list of 3 objects, out will it contain a CybOX container that contains a dictionary of 3 objects? That seems to be another level of nesting that isn't necessarily needed.
- Can CybOX objects be used directly without a CybOX container? If they have simple incrementing integer IDs, then there will be a collision.
- Why are the objects a dictionary and not a list? As far as I can tell the object dictionary labels are just used as a local identifier, and this was just added to make relationships work. Making each object have an explicit uuid id, and changing the object dictionary to a list makes more sense to me. Plus I like having things explicitly stated.
- If the objects have an explicit uuid based is then that opens up the possibility of cross package relationships.

I understand that this object ID topic may have been thrashed to death in the past, but it does seem to create more nesting than seems to be needed.

Cheers

Terry MacDonald
Cosive