Subject: File Object

Right now in the File Object some of the properties are artificially nested.  These properties deal with the file system aspects of a file.  The argument is that not all files have these and thus it should be nested.

This IMHO, violates one of our core objectives of flatter is better than nested.  I feel it would be better to have these fields be flattened and just made optional.

This is something we do throughout STIX and is part of our holistic design principles.

Bret

Sent from my Commodore 64