Subject: Re: [cti-cybox] Hashes of Files on File Object

The other challenge with mandating a hash is which hash should we mandate? Bret suggested SHA256, but most of the reporting I get (and produce) still uses MD5. If we mandate a particular hash I then may not be able to capture information that I have because I don’t have the right hash.

Sarah Kelley

Senior CERT Analyst

Center for Internet Security (CIS)

Integrated Intelligence Center (IIC)

Multi-State Information Sharing and Analysis Center (MS-ISAC)

1-866-787-4722 (7×24 SOC)

Email: cert@cisecurity.org

www.cisecurity.org

Follow us @CISecurity