Subject: Re: [cti-cybox] vocabulary items in cybox network extensions

>> The general rule should be to use standard vocabularies as they are defined by the authoritative source, rather than changing them to suit our preferences.

Agreed.

As far as IPFIX and the like, that’s a good point. We do already allow for preserving case in some dictionaries, such as the environment_variables property on the Process Object. Therefore, since we use dictionaries as a way of capturing properties that we don’t formally define in our data model, perhaps we should just allow the names of all dictionary keys to take on their original, case-preserved value?

Regards,
Ivan