Subject: Re: [cti-cybox] CybOX 3.0 Status Update

Just a heads up on the life-boated items listed below (Windows Account Extension etc.) – if no one is able to contribute to them by COB Friday, Trey and I will be forced to remove them from the specifications.

Regards,

Ivan

From: <cti-cybox@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of Ivan Kirillov <ikirillov@mitre.org>
Date: Tuesday, September 13, 2016 at 9:27 AM
To: "cti-cybox@lists.oasis-open.org" <cti-cybox@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject: [cti-cybox] CybOX 3.0 Status Update

Trey and I thought it would good to give everyone an update on where things stand with regard to the CybOX 3.0 draft specification:

  • We are back working this week  - see the calendar for our schedule [1]
  • We have resolved most of the outstanding comments in Core, Host-based, and Network Objects. Please take a look if you get a chance - especially on the Network Connection and Email Objects, which have undergone significant refactoring over the past few weeks.

We will be putting the final touches on the draft specs over the next 1.5 weeks, with a target document freeze COB 22 September, and release 23 September. Towards that end, we will be holding another series of calls to tie up loose ends, focused on patterning and the objects still under active review. We’ll send out the working call schedule shortly.

We’ve identified a list of items that we will probably postpone (due to a lack of community input) until the next CybOX release:

  • Windows Account Extension (Account Object)
  • Windows AD Extension (Account Object)
  • SWID property (File Object)

If any of the above are important to you, step up and help us flesh them out!

Also, we have some open questions we’d like to raise with regards to case sensitive Object properties, such as file_name in the File Object:

  • Should we mark individual properties as case sensitive?
  • If so, should we mandate that original case (as observed) be preserved for such properties?
  • How far down the rabbit hole shall we go?

[1] https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Wc-3iLGgtM1vdwfV23ClHe80DflFQ8eX-hO69L1xlvk/edit

Regards,

Ivan