Subject: Re: [cti-cybox] Email Object

On 15.09.2016 14:45:47, Jordan, Bret wrote:

> If you still want the boolean property of is_multipart, that is
> fine. But lets not overload properties based on the value of another
> property. PLEASE...

Hi, Bret -

The Email Message object as currently defined is the result of a
tremendous amount of effort and debate within the CybOX SC. I am sorry
to hear that you are so displeased with this particular aspect of the
Email Message.

The hour is late for making significant changes. We're about to move
to release CybOX 3.0 as a Committee Draft Specification. I've
personally spent a huge chunk of the past three months herding cats
and chasing squirrels in an attempt to get this spec finished. Ivan
and I try very hard to accommodate everyone's perspectives and use
cases but making everybody 100% happy is outside our bailiwick.

Unless some of the other 83 CybOX SC participants jump in quickly to
echo your concern with this boolean construct, Ivan and I will
interpret their silence as indicative of consensus within the SC and
continue moving forward.

P.S. Raising your objection *both* in the document comments *and* in
the SC mailing list doubles our work effort in responding to your
input.

--
Cheers,
Trey