Subject: Re: Re: [cti-cybox] Software object - reccomend to use CPE?

+2 for using CPE

 {Masato Terada}
Hitachi Incident Response Team

On Sep 23, 2016, at 10:56, Paul Patrick <Paul.Patrick@FireEye.com> wrote:

+1 for using CPE

From: <cti-cybox@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of "Coderre, Robert" <rcoderre@verisign.com>
Date: Thursday, September 22, 2016 at 6:36 PM
To: Jason Keirstead <Jason.Keirstead@ca.ibm.com>
Cc: OASIS CTI TC CybOX SC list <cti-cybox@lists.oasis-open.org>

I would support using CPE as a SHOULD in this case. It's what we've standardized on as a product identifier.

CPE is not without its limitations, but it's better than a free form text field.  Although, for giggles, you should look up Internet Explorer in the CPE dictionary at the NVD site...

--

Rob Coderre

iDefense, Director of Product Management

Verisign, Inc.

o: +1 703-948-3833

m: +1 571-224-4627