Subject: Re: [cti-cybox] File/Artifact Encryption & Archive Properties

> An encrypted zip file is different than just encrypting (and compressing) the file contents. Doing this would lose the mime_type of the file being compressed in the archive (if this is important).

That’s true, but since we’re discussing the Artifact Object in this case, I don’t think we care about the contents as much as the container (the actual “artifact”). If you need to characterize the contents of an archive, you can still using the existing File Object w/ archive-file-extension for this purpose.

Also, I’m in agreement with Sean and others that it probably makes the most sense to just add a new entry of “unspecified” to the encryption-algo-ov, since this would cover all of our associated use cases.

Regards,
Ivan