cti-interoperability message

Subject: Re: [cti-interoperability] Groups - Action Item "Complete Polls to establish times for Interoperability SC Meeting" added

Jason,

Thanks for the feedback.

(1) The intent of the "Hour of Day" poll is to simply establish the "sweet" spot for "Time of Day" for everyone. For example I put in 8AM-8PM EDT with 2 hours on either side as "If Need Be".

(2) The intent of the Day of Week and Week 1-4 of Month is to find the best set of options/compromises for everyone.

Most of us already have 4 recurring monthly OASIS CTI Meetings. Two "simplified" polls were used to minimize everyones time/effort to complete and narrow times down to a manageable set of options. Creating a Poll for 24 Hours a Day, 5 Days a Week, for 4 Weeks would require 480 entries from everyone and in my experience would not produce any better outcomes.)

Patrick Maroney

From: <cti-interoperability@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of Jason Keirstead <Jason.Keirstead@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Thursday, October 22, 2015 at 12:58 PM
To: "cti-interoperability@lists.oasis-open.org" <cti-interoperability@lists.oasis-open.org>

I am kind of confused about the separate polls, as all of these things are inter-dependant.... 8AM on Mondays might work for me, but 8am on Wednesdays does not... etc. I would expect the same would be true of most.

-
Jason Keirstead
Product Architect, Security Intelligence, IBM Security Systems
www.ibm.com/security | www.securityintelligence.com

__________________

Action Item Subject: Complete Polls to establish times for Interoperability SC Meeting
Item Number: #0000

Description
In an effort to establish the most convenient times for the monthly recurring OASIS CTI TC Interoperability SC Meeting I've created two separate Doodle Polls to identify what times are best for our International Committee Members.

(Poll 1) "Hour of Day"

The first poll is to establish best general "hours of day" for you in your time zone. Note the Time Zone Selector to the right of the Poll in the Calendar View. I've arbitrarily chosen a 24 hour range on October 30th.

https://specere.doodle.com/poll/ky8az9h2qye4y8qg

(Poll 2) "Week Day" (M-F) /"Week Number" (1-4)

The second poll is to establish Day of Week/Week of Month. In this poll I've selected a 1 hour slot (8 AM EDT) for each workday for the first 4 weeks of November ( arbitrary) . Using Calendar View, first select your time zone and then select all of the Day of Weeks and Weeks of Month that work for you. So if the 1st Wednesday of each month is good select that first week in the calendar and then the entry for Wednesday.

https://specere.doodle.com/poll/u64fzxnhx4d42hcm

Owner: Patrick Maroney
Due Date: 31 Oct 2015