cti-interoperability message

Subject: Groups - UNH-IOL Meeting - Strategic alignment discussion uploaded

Submitter's message
Attached are notes from the meeting with the University of New Hampshire - InterOperability Laboratory (UNH-IOL). The scope of the UNH-IOL partnership evaluation is much broader than just RSA2017. Having an Interoperability and Conformance Testing Framework will, initially, help to support these types of efforts, but RSA2017 is not the focus of the relationship.

A good example is to look at the body of work the KMIP TC has produced over many years.

(1) We have nothing today; this relationship can accelerate development of requisite documents and test scenarios; and (2) For RSA2017 we will have (what amounts to) two completely different, incompatible sets of three standards.

With this strategic alliance the Co-Chairs are seeking to significantly accelerate our nascent CTI TC Interoperability efforts and fast track delivery of a full suite of capabilities to meet this challenging scenario.

In order to get UNH-IOL to commit the resources required (1,000s of hours), we need to sell UNH-IOL on the full scope of the opportunity which extends to all current CTI TC Members and the much larger community of all Vendors/Service Providers that will need to demonstrate compliance to OASIS CTI TC Standards. Once ratified these standards will become part of the procurement criteria for almost any network or security product.
-- Ms. Jane Ginn
Document Name: UNH-IOL Meeting - Strategic alignment discussion

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Ms. Jane Ginn
Group: CTI Interoperability Subcommittee
Folder: Meeting Minutes
Date submitted: 2016-05-07 16:45:23