cti-interoperability message

Subject: Groups - UNH-IOL CTI TC Test Program Proposal uploaded

Submitter's message
Overview

We are exploring the viability of a partnership between UNH-IOL and the OASIS CTI TC to fast-track the development of a suite of Interoperability and conformance tools and processes. Initial investigation reveals solid synergies with the existing UNH-IOL Frameworks (i.e., UNH-IOL IMPACT) and the elements of CTI ?TC Specifications. The process underway here is to define the requirements and key elements of a full suite of OASIS CTI TC Standards Interoperability and Compliance Testing Framework and Service (again UNH-IOL IMPACT is a good reference model). We need to help INH-IOL make the business case to establish the market potential for UNH-IOL to recover their investments in delivering such capabilities. UNH-IOL efforts are ultimately funded through membership fees, testing services, and software licensing. To codify the level of interest in the proposed Testing Framework, the CTI TC needs to provide Letters of Intent from stakeholders in the Vendor Community.

Road Map

(1) We will discuss this proposal as part of the CTI-TC Interoperability Sub-Committee Meeting (May 19, 2016 17:00 UTC)

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/cti-interoperability/event.php?event_id=42973

(2) We will schedule a Q&A follow-up call with UNH-IOL for all interested stakeholders.

(3) Please review attached files prior to Sub-Committee Meeting (May 19, 2016 17:00 UTC)
-- Patrick Maroney
Document Name: UNH-IOL CTI TC Test Program Proposal

Description
The OASIS Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI) Technical Committee (TC) has
determined there is a need for a repeatable interoperability and
conformance testing program. This proposal is to establish a working
relationship with the TC to develop testing specifications and test tool
kits where vendor equipment can receive CTI test results in a quick,
effective manner. Testing memberships allow a scalable approach as each
membership allows test rotations to be scheduled throughout the year. The
UNH-IOL would like to receive Letters of Intent for this testing program
and commitment to join the Cyber Threat Intelligence yearly membership.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Patrick Maroney
Group: CTI Interoperability Subcommittee
Folder: Documents
Date submitted: 2016-05-18 11:46:25