cti-interoperability message

Subject: Re: [cti-interoperability] CTI TC <> UNH-IOL Partnership Evaluation - Read Ahead Documents

Having worked with the UNH lab in the past, I know that setting up this type of testing environment is not an overnight procedure. It will take several months to fully "get rolling", and even more months for all of us individual vendors to get their ducks in a row with them (agreements to sign etc). Therefore if this is something that vendors are even considering as a possibility for 2017, then we'd want to start talking with them now.

Having said that, I also agree with Allan's concern that there is no way that we should make any form of interoperability testing by UNH required to claim compliance with STIX or TAXII. In my opinion, that is simply not an option for an open standard - developers should not can't have to pay fees to support our standard. That goes against the principles of OASIS.

Any interoperability arrangement with UNH, should simply be an optional step that vendors can decide to participate in if they believe it will help their development and testing/QA processes.

-
Jason Keirstead
STSM, Product Architect, Security Intelligence, IBM Security Systems
www.ibm.com/security | www.securityintelligence.com

Inactive hide details for Terry MacDonald ---05/18/2016 08:25:43 PM---Bret et al. I would have to agree. I don't think we're atTerry MacDonald ---05/18/2016 08:25:43 PM---Bret et al. I would have to agree. I don't think we're at this point yet. We should be

From: Terry MacDonald <terry.macdonald@cosive.com>
To: "Jordan, Bret" <bret.jordan@bluecoat.com>
Cc: Allan Thomson <athomson@lookingglasscyber.com>, Patrick Maroney <Pmaroney@specere.org>, Interoperability Subcommittee <cti-interoperability@lists.oasis-open.org>, OASIS CTI co-chairs <cti-committee-chairs@lists.oasis-open.org>
Date: 05/18/2016 08:25 PM
Sent by: <cti-interoperability@lists.oasis-open.org>

Bret et al.

I would have to agree. I don't think we're at this point yet. We should be nearing STIX v2.0 release (i.e. already have a draft in place) before we look at interoperability certification. This is way to premature for me.

Cheers

Terry MacDonald | Chief Product Officer

M: +61-407-203-026
E: terry.macdonald@cosive.com