cti-interoperability message

Subject: Question: Content Migration from OASIS Open Repositories to Chartered Work Product Repositories

Chet,

I'm drafting the requests for the CTI TC Iinteroperability SC Open & Chartered Work Product Repositories and need to first validate a key assumption in the specification and organization of related content.

Part of the content in the proposed CTI TC Interoperability Open Repository will include "ad hoc" Configuration Instructions, Test Data Sets, and step-by-step procedures used to test and validate integration and interoperability between a given pair of Commercial Products and/or Open Source  Project Tools and Frameworks.

We have all of these elements compiled for two reference implementations:
(1) [CRITs <==> EclecticIQ]
(2) [CRITs <==> Soltra Hail-A-Taxii].

David Eilken and I envision the continuation of these efforts to proto-type, refine, and build out our documentation processes, formats, relationships, and contacts for this ad hoc Interoperability initiative.  We also want engage with as many interetsed stakeholders in the OASIS and Open Source Communities to incorporate their contributions and any alternative approaches/ideas.

At some point in the future we will likely want to use portions of this "ad hoc" content to produce formalized work products and migrate it to the Interoperability Chartered Work Product Repositories.  This outcome is still TBD, but I want to ensure we plan for this eventuality and ensure we have a clear path to execute on this strategy.

The CLA for the Open Repository states that :

"Subject to the terms of this CLA, and without limiting the terms of the Applicable License, you also hereby grant to OASIS a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge, royalty-free, irrevocable copyright license to reproduce, prepare derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense, and distribute your Contributions and such derivative works."

I believe this clause gives us clear license to freely subsume any and all content contributed to the CTI Open Repositories as direct or derivative formal work product in the Chartered Work Product Repositories.  This interpretation includes the  specific Interoperability content use case outlined here.

Is this correct?

Patrick Maroney
President
Integrated Networking Technologies, Inc.
Desk: (856)983-0001
Cell: (609)841-5104
Email: pmaroney@specere.org