Subject: FW: [cti-users] STIX/TAXII: created_by property?

Posting to Eric directly and member list as it appears my post to the cti-users list was denied.

Allan Thomson

CTO

+1-408-331-6646

LookingGlass Cyber Solutions

From: Allan Thomson <athomson@lookingglasscyber.com>
Date: Wednesday, July 26, 2017 at 8:10 AM
To: Eric Spiegelberg <eric@graphaware.com>, "cti-users@lists.oasis-open.org" <cti-users@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject: Re: [cti-users] STIX/TAXII: created_by property?

Eric – created_by is an optional field in the standard as there may be certain use cases that do not require it.

However, the Interoperability subcommittee have defined many use cases for sharing intelligence where the created_by field is defined by the creator of the intelligence that is ‘providing’ the intelligence and therefore the field is filled in with the organization sourcing the content.

I encourage you to check out the interoperability documents that describes how this content (and other STIX fields) are intended to be used and validated by interoperable products.

If you have any additional questions please let us know.