Subject: Re: [cti-stix] RE: Spec Version

I tend to agree that this changes is not necessary but Bret's original question to the list was to non-english speaking individuals that are on the TC list.

Allan Thomson,
This electronic message transmission contains information from LookingGlass Cyber Solutions, Inc. which may be attorney-client privileged, proprietary and/or confidential. The information in this message is intended only for use by the individual(s) to whom it is addressed.  If you believe that you have received this message in error, please contact the sender, delete this message, and be aware that any review, use, disclosure, copying or distribution of the contents contained within is strictly prohibited.

From: cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org <cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of Kelley, Sarah E. <skelley@mitre.org>
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2018 9:29 PM
To: cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org

Just to be clear, the breaking change has already been made. As Bret pointed out, we have actually removed the “spec_version” field from bundle for STIX 2.1. There would be no conflict now if we chose to call it “stix_version”.

That being said, I’m ambivalent. It doesn’t matter to me one way or the other. As such, I think it’s probably easier to just keep it the same (aka call it “spec_version”).

Sarah Kelley

Lead Cybersecurity Engineer, T8B2

Defensive Operations

The MITRE Corporation