Subject: Proposal to relax language in section 3.4 version URL query parameter

All,

Right now in the URL Query Parameter section 3.4.1 (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EsiWY7TGqt9yH6QUXv4c-opXSr3wR0TDMt8Q0yJjpoo/edit#) for specifying a version, we have the following text for calling out a specific value.

  • <value> - requests a specific version of an object.

For STIX objects, this requests objects whose modified time matches exactly the provided value. This value MUST follow the rules for timestamp as defined in [STIX™ Version 2.0. Part 1: STIX Core Concepts].

I propose that we change this text to be:

  • <value> - requests a specific version of an object.

For STIX objects, this requests objects whose modified time matches exactly the provided value. This value MUST follow the rules for timestamp as defined in [STIX™ Version 2.0. Part 1: STIX Core Concepts].

The reason for this change is to allow a client to ask for "?match[version]=2017-01" and get all of the STIX objects and their versions from January 2017 but not from December 2016 or earlier or from February 2017 or later.

This is documented here: https://github.com/oasis-tcs/cti-taxii2/issues/61

Bret