cti message

Subject: Re: [cti] Next weeks working call

The question is, will people just accept your list or do we really need to spend time discussing which ones will be in and which ones will not.  Let's try and make sure these meetings are not status updates.  And things that can easily be handled via email or slack should be done that way.

For example we had a lively discussion on slack today about do we really need the indicator type field and what does it really mean.  After 30-45 minutes of slack time we could not come to consensus.  Therefor I would argue that this then becomes a prime candidate for a phone call.

Phone calls should be reserved for things too difficult to solve any other way.

Bret

Sent from my Commodore 64

On Jan 29, 2016, at 1:47 PM, Kirillov, Ivan A. <ikirillov@mitre.org> wrote:

Yup – as Sean mentioned, we’d like to talk about the Object selection approach for CybOX 3.0.

For those interested in some prior reading, here’s a wiki page that documents our current thinking: https://github.com/CybOXProject/schemas/wiki/CybOX-3.0:-Object-Selection

Regards,
Ivan

From: <cti@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of Sean Barnum <sbarnum@mitre.org>
Date: Friday, January 29, 2016 at 1:44 PM
To: Bret Jordan <bret.jordan@bluecoat.com>, "cti@lists.oasis-open.org" <cti@lists.oasis-open.org>

I think we already have topics lined up.
I’m pretty sure that CybOX wanted some time to talk about Object selection. Ivan said they would need at least 30 mins.
STIX is hoping to use the rest of the time to talk about Source reference approach which is in the set of Indicator tranche plan topics for next week.
Versioning is not slated until the week of 2/15.

sean