dipal-discuss message

Subject: Re: [dipal-discuss] FAQ: what are the basic Assertion functions,and how are they provided?

Hi Umit,

The following are some examples of web services policies with no subject
(or where subject identity is not relevant).  Some use subject
attributes other than the subject's identity, whereas others do not
depend on any characteristics of the subject at all.

1) A service interface that will respond to any requester; the policy
specifies reliable messaging parameters; or a service interface that
will respond to any requester so long as they supply a public key by
which the response can be encrypted.

2) A service interface that will respond to anyone able to present an
Attribute certificate associated with the IP address of the source
saying the source is a "Gold" level subscriber.

3) A service that will respond to any requester so long as its own CPU
is less than 50% utilized.

4) A service interface where access depends only on the requester's
"role" Attribute, or only on the time of day and the subject's "age"
Attribute.

Regards,
Anne

--
Anne H. Anderson               Anne.Anderson@sun.com
Sun Microsystems Labs          1-781-442-0928