Subject: User-friendly version of the DITA 1.2 feature list

Hi all,

Before we formed the Adoption TC, Kris started working on a user-friendly version of the DITA 1.2 features list. At the next meeting, I'd like us to discuss moving this item over to the Adoption TC to take over and complete.this work. Kris would like some help :) So please consider volunteering at the next TC meeting. We'd also appreciate your thoughts and insights on how best to move forward.

As part of this project, I will be assembling the 1.2 features that didn't make it into 1.2 into a new DITA 1.3 page on the DITA TC site. I also hope to help Kris and the team "dumb down" (for want of a better phrase) the 1.2 list of features so that the masses will understand what all these new features are all about, and which ones will be useful to them. Aside from just rewording the feature titles, I think we need to write an abstract or summary on each one that's meaningful to our target audience. We can use the feature proposals as a starting point, though they tend to be highly technical.

Regards,
Gershon

Gershon Joseph
Technical Leader
PDI DocTools

gerjosep@cisco.com
Phone: +972 9 892-7157
Mobile: +972 57 314-1170

Cisco Systems, Inc.

Israel
Cisco home page

Think before you print. Think before you print.
This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.

Cisco Systems Limited (Company Number: 02558939), is registered in England and Wales with its registered office at 1 Callaghan Square, Cardiff, South Glamorgan CF10 5BT

GIF image

GIF image