Subject: "DITA on its way out" thread

Hi everyone,

From http://dita.xml.org/blog/dita-on-its-way-out:

Blog entry: Submitted by spaguniak on Tue, 2010-10-05 22:08.
A software developer (co-worker) told me the other day that DITA was on its way out...along with XML..and that everything will revert back to HTML. Is this true--or do you see this becoming a reality in the future?

csh | Mon, 2010-10-11 23:15
Well, given the fact that there's not much activity in the forum and I'm getting no response from the site on a question that I tried to post that was marked as spam, your friend might have a point...

Am I the only one who thinks that the "Forums" area of dita.xml.org is currently more of a detriment than a help?
What do you think of taking this area of the site down and replacing it with a page suggesting that readers pose their questions to the dita-users group on Yahoo?

Su-Laine

Su-Laine Yeo
Solutions Consultant
JustSystems Canada, Inc.