Subject: Re: [dita-adoption] DITA Generator by Elovirta

Hi Marc,
I think there is a basic misconception about our interest in the Elovirta
tool. We were primarily interested in its capability to create a shell model
that would remove some of the DITA domains in the standard package.

For example, I might not want the programming domain in my organization,
because we document hardware, not software. We don't want the writers to
have to struggle with all the programming domain elements. Or, I might not
want to use the Learning and Training specialization. The Elovirta tools
allows me to select which parts of the full package I want and which parts I
don't want. Then it creates a new "shell model" that I can reference with my
authoring tool.

The draft you've written seems to consider the process of defining a
specialization rather than a shell model. I don't think we want to do that.
Also, the original idea was to help Elovirta create a more usable interface
for DITA beginners and to write some documentation to help people understand
why and how to use this tool to create shell models.

Let me know if you have questions about the intent of the action item.

Best regards,
JoAnn