Subject: RE: [dita-adoption] use of dita.xml.org [was: DITA Generator by Elovirta]

Good point. I'm fine posting such articles, that address how to configure one or more specific tools, elsewhere.

Cheers,
Gershon

-----Original Message-----
From: Grosso, Paul [mailto:pgrosso@ptc.com]
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2011 4:19 PM
To: DITA Adoption TC

I'm not saying I have objections (not having seen the article), but
I'm questioning the implicit assumption that things can be put on
dita.xml.org that wouldn't be appropriate for posting on an OASIS site.

On the DITA TC's home page, it says:

 The [DITA] Adoption TC includes an Editorial Board that maintains
 the DITA XML.org Focus Area.

and the home page at http://dita.xml.org/ has a prominent banner
saying "Hosted by OASIS" and the site says:

 DITA XML.org is the official community gathering place and
 information resource for the DITA OASIS Standard.

[Note "official".]  And the DITA Adoption TC posts its feature
articles on dita.xml.org.  I would expect most observers to
believe that dita.xml.org is as "official" as anything else in
OASIS, so I think we have to be as cautious about saying that
dita.xml.org is "outside of OASIS".

paul