Subject: Re: [dita-adoption] Review of Remaining "TBD Sections" on dita.xml.org

Hi,

Just a couple of initial comments about some areas of content you have reviewed.

Regards

Mark

On 17/08/2015 16:13, "dita-adoption@lists.oasis-open.org on behalf of Keith Schengili-Roberts" <dita-adoption@lists.oasis-open.org on behalf of keith.roberts@ixiasoft.com> wrote:

>DITA Community
>List of organizations using DITA - useful but needs updating (several firms listed no longer exist); link to DITAWriter?

Having a list of organizations is very useful. I was thinking that we might invite community members who belong to these organisations to contribute an article that describes their organization’s use of DITA. This might be an article within the site or an external resource. For example, there may be case study presentations at a conference that can be linked to.

One of our proposed features of the new site was be to link to external resources and embed them, such as slideshare, YouTube etc.

The list then becomes a much more valuable resource to visitors of the site and avoids losing visitors to another site.

>DITA Conferences - outdated (2008); update

There will be support for “events” within the new site. This will allow users to upload information about an upcoming event. It would also allow other users to create related articles about an event. This might be a review article about the event. It might be a link to a resource about the event … perhaps a presentation.

This then becomes a useful resource for new and old events. If visitors know they can go to an old event (say DITA Europe 2012) and find useful information about it, even if they are to external resources, it turns DITA.xml.org into a much more useful site than it currently is - and, hopefully, keeps people coming back.