Subject: RE: [dita-adoption] Action Items: 01-30-2017 Adoption TC Meeting

Hi Stan and Keith,

At this point I don't know how to conduct the session in Japan but I am very much like the idea similar to these sessions.
Aside from language issue and base organizational political issues, we have quite numbers of DITA users which has unique source language Japanese and user companies' production environment specific issues.

We have two industry organizations;
1. Japan Technical Communicators Association (similar to tekom, biggest and established), composed of both vendors and clients
2. DITA Consortium Japan, composed of vendors
Plus
Two communities;
1. Japan DITA Interest Group (closed with vendors and DITA CCMS adopted clients)
2. Japan DITA Users Group (supported by DITA Consortium Japan and not limited to current DITA CCMS users but also organization interested in DITA)

Japan Technical Communicators Association (JTCA) will have two big events one in the end of August in Tokyo and the other in early October in Kyoto.
DCJ has two free events one in December (last year) and in March (this year) every year since the formation of this organization in 2008.

I am an executive volunteer member for JTCA so that I can propose as the panel discussion for Tokyo but cannot guarantee its approval by committee because JTCA is similar to tekom and pretty much biased to German TC climate and doesn't like DITA in general, even though many presentations happen by vendors, myself as OASIS, DCJ and JDIG...

All the best,
Tetsuya Sekine aka Mr. DITA Japan, InfoParse, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: dita-adoption@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:dita-adoption@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Dr. Stanley Doherty
Sent: Wednesday, February 1, 2017 1:18 AM
To: dita-adoption@lists.oasis-open.org

        DITA Adoption Action Items
                   01-30-2017
Attendees: Bob, Stan, Joe, Keith, Kathy, Tulika,
           Joanathan, Jne, Don, Scott

A. Adoption Initiatives - Futures (Keith) ====================================================
1. DITA Whitepaper translations:
   - AI/Keith - Follow up with Nolwenn re: student support for translating
     some ATC whitepapers.
   - AI/Keith - Follow up with Parson AG re: German translation (http://www.learningdita.de/) 2. DXO (dita.xml.org)
   - AI/Stan - Add discussion about DXO (Alpha) participation to next agenda.

B. Whitepapers and Blogs in progress
AI/Stan - Contact Jane about GIT issues.

AI/Kathy - contact JoAnn about the whitepapers/blogs that she has signed up to do.

AI/Stan - Copy Q1/2017 whitepaper activities to a table at the top of the page (visibility).

C. Listening Sessions
AI/Kathy - continue to push information about the Bay Area session to other ATC members for re-tweeting/reposting.

AI/Keith - put out feelers to contacts about a WebEx-only listening session (Jamboree).

AI/Stan - Ping Kris about the RTP session.

AI/Stan - Ping Amber/Nancy about the Portland OR session.

AI/Stan - Circulate the draft presentation for DITA NA.

AI/Team - review the following listening session notes prior to our
02-13 meeting.
> Identify feedback topics to track (formally) Identify feedback topics
> to escalate to DITA TC.

1. Cambridge MA Notes
   https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-adoption/download.php/58283/ListeningSession_06-01_CambridgeMA.docx

2. Littleton MA Notes