dita-busdocs message

Subject: Re: Status Report - DITA for Enterprise Business Documents Subcommittee of the DITA TC

Hi everyone,

Paul, thanks for bringing this to my attention. I have a difficult time keeping up with email list monitoring; it's impossible for me to audit lists when the messages don't arrive in my inbox.

There is no such creature as an OASIS subcommittee using resources other than those hosted on OASIS servers. If people are doing something outside of OASIS that's perfectly acceptable (I couldn't stop them even I wanted to); but it is *not* an OASIS subcommittee at that point - it's just an outside group. I do see the meeting schedule through the end of 2009 posted to the subcommittee's wiki page; remember that the Kavi groupware system is the main resource and schedules and the like must be posted there.

Michael, if this group is meeting as an OASIS subcommittee, meetings must be posted in the calendar and/or in email messages logged to the subcommittee mailing list. Meeting notes should be posted.

If a private list is being used, the only assumption I can make is that people who are not TC members or worse, not OASIS members, are participating in the conversations.

Regards,

Mary

On Feb 10, 2010, at 2:53 PM, Grosso, Paul wrote:

Mary, Don,

Is this SC of the DITA TC in fact duly constituted?  If so, why isn't it using its mailing list?  A look at http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita-busdocs/ confirms that it isn't.  If it is using another publicly archived mailing list, could a pointer to that archive be included on the SC's home page at http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=dita-busdocs

paul

From: Rendon, Zarella
Sent: Wednesday, 2010 February 10 13:47
To: arbortext-dita-team

I have confirmed that the SC is active, but there are no recent emails and they do not post minutes of their meetings. The meetings are held every 2 weeks on Monday and I have been unable to attend any because of travel.

I have asked the chair (Michael Boses) to include me in email conversations since they are apparently not being posted to Oasis.

Zarella