dita-busdocs message

Subject: Re: [dita-busdocs] FW: [dita-help] Upcoming Meeting

Hi Bruce,

 Sorry, but that doesn't work.

  For any committee there is a unique membership associated with that committee, IPR obligations incurred, and a full record of meetings, conversations and work products to be maintained. That work can't be shared across two committees; it's either one or the other. The Adoption TC could also create a busdocs subcommittee but it would report to the Adoption TC rather than the DITA TC. Liaisons are established at the committee level.

  The difficulty arises when a subcommittee tries to take on the characteristics of a committee. A subcommittee is really nothing more than a working sub-group of the main committee that is typically focused on a particular subset of the work of that committee. All members of a subcommittee must be members of the committee, and all approvals happen at the committee level.

Regards,

Mary

Mary P McRae
Director, Standards Development
Technical Committee Administrator
email: mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org
web: www.oasis-open.org
twitter: @fiberartisan  #oasisopen
phone: 1.603.232.9090

Standards are like parachutes: they work best when they're open.