Subject: Public Comment

Comment from: brabkin@idiominc.com

Name: Bill Rabkin
Title: Sr. Publishing Evangelist
Regarding Specification: DITA 1.0

I think there may be an error in the description of the "relcolwidth" attribute of the <choicetable> element, which states: "...For example:

relcolwidth="1* 2* 3*"
causes widths of 16.7%, 33.3%, and 66.7%."

It seems that the last width should be 50.0% rather than 66.7% -- the total of column widths is 6, and thus the relative widths should be 1/6, 2/6, and 3/6.

Although I have not looked at the specifications of other elements that have a relcolwidth attribute, I suspect that the same error may exist in those as well.