Subject: Feedback to the roadmap information type review request

Hi Seth,

With respect to the information type items:
Without thorough investigation I can already inform you that MathML is
very relevant and should be high on the priority list.
Producing formula like information is currently best done in graphics
which is not very user friendly and better solutions are needed.

Pulling register and memory map data from SPIRIT data to human readable
(HTML?) data is rightfully on priority spot 1.

I think what should be done next is all SPIRIT captured information which
is also needed in user documentation.
Then, measured/specifying data - signals, electrical (DC/AC
characteristics)
Product mechanical (thermal, mechanical) I would put last as this is less
critical, however you may decide higher as it prevents "dumb"copy work.

I did not miss specific topics.

What I do not recognize in the list is the difference between the
"purpose" of the data as is the philosophy of DITA.
The reference data can potentially always be ReUsed from other systems or
other documents.
Tasks (instructions) are very likely activity coupled and therefore
specific.
So are concepts. Often you find inside a program, explanations about the
section to follow. These explanations may be usable in separate user
manuals and have the character of a concept.

With respect to the planning:
In the analysis I miss the target audience and the possible publication
types.

Is anything know yet about the target delivery dates?

Constant Gordon

Support manager,
Technical Documentation Services
NXP Semiconductors

High Tech Campus 60, room 4-30B
5656 AG  Eindhoven
The Netherlands
Office Tel: +31 40 27 25351
E-mail: constant.gordon@nxp.com, www.NXP.com

The information contained in this message is confidential and may be
legally privileged. The message is intended solely for the addressee(s).
use, dissemination, or reproduction is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender
by return e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.