Subject: RE: [dita-comment] Order of elements within a taskbody

Belated better answer: we do have a design in plan for 1.2 for a more
general model of task that will allow them to occur in any order. The
looser model will be available as an alternative to the more restrictive
model.

Michael Priestley
Lead IBM DITA Architect
mpriestl@ca.ibm.com
http://dita.xml.org/blog/25

Michael Priestley/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
01/08/2008 10:58 AM

"JoAnn Hackos" <joann.hackos@comtech-serv.com>
cc
"Christina Hardy" <chardy@nakinasystems.com>,
dita-comment@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject
RE: [dita-comment] Order of elements within a taskbody

There's a section before both prereq and context called shortdesc or
abstract - stuff that people need to evaluate before they decide whether
the task is worth doing can be there, followed by prereqs so they know
whether they can do it, followed by context that sets the stage for doing
the actual steps, then the actual steps.

It's easy to forget shortdesc/abstract because they're outside the body,
but they're an important part of the model.

Michael Priestley
Lead IBM DITA Architect
mpriestl@ca.ibm.com
http://dita.xml.org/blog/25

"JoAnn Hackos" <joann.hackos@comtech-serv.com>
01/08/2008 10:40 AM

"Christina Hardy" <chardy@nakinasystems.com>,
<dita-comment@lists.oasis-open.org>
cc

Subject
RE: [dita-comment] Order of elements within a taskbody

Christina,
You can easily change the output order of the two elements during
processing. The order in which you write something does not need to be
the order in which you render the elements.
JoAnn

JoAnn T. Hackos, PhD
President
Comtech Services, Inc.